DIYers…this is for you! Choose any of the home plans we offer. The slab and cold-formed steel frame are provided for you, you complete the home.
While lumber has long been the dominant material for housing, cold-formed steel (CFS) provides a better option for cost savings and long term durability.
There are many advantages to building your home with cold-formed steel.
- Very reliable structure including consistency and uniformity.
- Less construction time and greater erection speed.
- Unlike wood, steel doesn’t warp, expand or burn, walls are perfectly straight. Steel frame constructions are highly resistant to fire, due to a special flame retardant that reduces the fire risk to your home and slowing down the spread of a fire should one occur.
- All panels and parts fit flawlessly – no waste and no need to cull or sort.
- Frames from cold formed steel won’t shrink, twist or warp over time, so there’s less chance of sticking windows, jammed doors and wavy roof and wall lines.
- Drywall attachment requires no correction for the twists that occur with wood.
- Doors fit perfectly when installed and maintain tolerances forever.
- Straight walls and square corners. Prefabricated and dimensionally accurate, frames are straight and true resulting in strong lines and a beautiful finish.
- Interior walls will not crack, no need for future repairs.
- The wood used to frame homes is green and not aged or dry. It shrinks and twists within the wood framed home. Metal does not.
- No drying out period in wet weather, resulting in fewer delays.
- 100% termite proof. Low long-term maintenance costs due to metals resistance to termites and mold.
- Framed panels and truss components are light and easy to handle. No crane or lifting device is required.
- Structural steel is the premier green sustainable construction material. Its high recycled content and recycling rate exceed those of any other construction material.
Is DIY an option you have been looking into but don’t know where to begin? Contact us with any questions and we will help you get started!